Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A little bloody

I didn't go to work today.  One of the higher ups called me and offered me a supervisor position at another store.

I laughed so hard.  Not that I didn't think about it at all.  But it was just hilarious.

I did one of the most irresponsible things one can do at work.  And they want to promote me.  I know it's because they don't often encounter employees that are like me, and I'm flattered.  But I am not in the business of being taken advantage of.

So we'll see what happens ;)

In other news, I decided to use the day to clean the apartment and catch up on some tasks I'd been putting off.  One of those tasks was hanging my living room curtains.

I take a long time to do just about anything, and those of you who know me are aware of this.  I was making good time with the curtains though.  I had the level, the tape measure, the drill (I even looked up the drill bits to make sure I was using the correct one), the anchors and screws, a pencil behind my ear, and a hammer.  And here's the bottom line.

Don't use your knees to secure the hammer while balancing yourself on the arm of a loveseat and trying to drill the holes for the anchors.  They just were a little too small.  Or the anchors were too weak.  Or the wall is a little too shallow before it hits the brick.  The same thing happened to Nick while hanging the coat rack.

Except he didn't gash his foot with a hammer.

And here's an honest plug for the Green Machine.  I'm so glad he had that thing.  If you have kids (or you're accident prone like yours truly) and you don't have one, you are crazy.  I left a trail of blood from the arm of the loveseat to the kitchen sink.  The Green Machine will clean it.  It once took care of an entire bottle of red wine that I dropped and smashed onto the carpet of the apartment we lived in before we moved here.  (Thanks to the Green Machine and my friend "Church" for that!)  Ok, there's 3 mentions of the name.  Where's my money, bitches? 

I keep thinking of Dexter.

I better go clean up this blood...

No comments:

Post a Comment